So to the soundtrack of about 100,000 gallons per second being dumped on the studio roof, I took some really nice macro shots of the flowers (which were Sunflowers and roses,comprising red, yellow and yellow/orange). I thought to make it look a bit more interesting I'd spray water on the flowers and as I'm typing I'm thinking "why didn't I just poke the vase and flowers out in the rain for a few seconds?", but I suppose I can't rely on the rain to come every time I want to shoot flowers (even if I do live in Scotland). So I emptied one of my wife's spray gel bottles and gave it a good clean out with hot water, including the spray mechanism and then filled it with cold water. I found that giving it a single squirt covered the flower in an unrealistic fine mist, so I would spray about 6-8 times and the droplets would then form large drops which looked a bit more like rain drops and fired away with the camera.
I'll add the pictures later as I didn't get chance to edit them all last night. *Done*
The devil is in the detail, I suppose, so here's my settings: Nikon D3s + Nikon 105mm Micro VR @ f/22 (notice the spots you wouldn't normally see at wider apertures) 1/200th to sync with the Interfit head in softbox.